- 0.75 lbs -- beef (skirt or flank) or chicken (breast)
- 0.25 cup -- lime juice
- 0.5 cup -- balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp -- naturally brewed soy sauce
- 1 tbsp -- chopped garlic in oil
- 1 tbsp -- chili powder
- 0.5 tsp -- hot pepper flakes
- 2 tsp -- salt (or fajita seasoning [4 tsp])
- 0.5 -- onion (sliced)
- 0.5 -- green pepper (or other color, can add more vegies)
- 10 flour tortilla shells (the small ones).
- For spicy cooking, you will need some form of "spicy" sauce or oil, some
HOT salsa (I recommend Pace Picante Sauce), and some hot peppers.
- A skillet (if making more than one batch, more than one skillet) with a
- Assorted teaspoons and tablespoons and cups and stuff like that.
I tend to server directly from the skillet because it is already hot. At
any rate, it should be something with a lid. Go eat.
- Defrost meat. Cut into strips 0.5 inches wide and no more than 4
inches long (should be no more then 0.5 inches thick). You should be able
to get around 30 strips.
- In glass or stainless steel bowl (the point being something stain nor
odor will stick to) mix together lime juice, vinegar, soy sauce,
garlic, chili powder, hot pepper flakes, and salt.
- Add meat and let marinate for around 4 hours. For best results,
cover and leave in refrigerator overnight.
- At this stage, you must choose "SPICY" or "WIMPY":
- "SPICY": In stick-free skillet, put in meat, onions, green peppers,
"spicy sauce", the salsa, and the hot peppers. First you might ask
how much? Well, the meat will make its own juice...it's really one
of those things you just gotta try. Start with enough meat to cover
the bottom, then add a layer of onions, peppers, and hot peppers,
then spice it up real good (or to what you think will be your taste).
Stir-fry it all until brown (usually 10-15 minutes...remember to
keep stirring...everything must be cooked!). Now take a lid and cover
the skillet. Leave this on for about 5-10 minutes or until a nice
"spicy" liquid appears. Some people prefer to cook more without the
lid. This is up to you.
- "WIMPY": In stick-free skillet, stir-fry meat, onions, and peppers. First
browning them, then until preferred temperature is achieved (usually
takes about 5 minutes and an additional 5-10 minutes for the "heating").